On this page
Gambling Session Calculator
This purpose of this page is to calcualte various statistics for a table game session. It is designed for land-based casinos, but if you properly change the hands per hour, it will be quite-appropriate for online gambling too.
To use the calculator, select a game from the pulldown menu. That choice will propogate the hands per hour, house edge, and standard deviation fields. If you feel any of these are inaccurate, change them as you wish. You will have to put in the bet amount and hours played yourself.
When the input looks correct, click calculate and the calculator will tell you:
- Total standard deviation = This is a measurement of the volatility you can expect. You can ignore this field if you don't understand it.
- Probability win: Probability of showing a profit over the session
- x% chance to win this much or less (negative = loss): There is an x% chance you will win this much or less If the number is negative, it indicates a loss.
- Blackjack house edge assumes six decks, dealer hits soft 17, blackjack pays 3 to 2, double after split allowed, re-splitting aces allowed, surrender allowed, dealer peeks for blackjack.
- Roulette standard deviation figure assumes player makes even money bets only.
- Craps assumes player bets pass line and full 3-4-5x odds only.
- All house edge figures assume optimal strategy, except blackjack, which is based on basic strategy.
- The average bet for Ultimate Texas Hold 'em should be the bet on the Ante only (as opposed to sum of Ante and Blind bets).
- House edge for baccarat based on 50% Player and 50% Banker bets. No tie or side bets.